Thursday, January 17, 2008

A long week... ...

This is only the fourth day into TK's semester, but it feels like more than a week has passed... not because it moved fast. On the contrary, time crawled by so slowly that it feels as though many days went by (I am sure you know what I mean). TK has classes and seminars packed almost throughout the week this semester, from morning till the late afternoon. On some days, he needs to leave the house early, even before Charis and I wake, and comes home close to 6 pm. And yes, he is swarmed with work already!

Yesterday, as usual, Charis woke after TK left for school. She asked me, "Why does Daddy have to go to school everyday?" When he got home, she asked him, "Daddy, will you stay home with me tomorrow?" Sigh... perhaps, we are experiencing the withdrawal symptoms of the winter break ;p This morning, I had Bible Study in church so Charis was happy to be able to go out of the house and spend some time with other children in the church nursery room... and play with snow too, since it was a snowy day. I must say that it is quite an experience to drive or do grocery in the snow, which we did after church.

I guess, on a better note, Charis and I have more time to do things around the house. Play, jump, paint, draw, sing, read, snack... ... she has such an endless supply of energy to burn that it sometimes leaves me quite tired out! Maybe it's time for some food experiments again... this is the only time when she would leave me alone to prepare the food... so it can be quite therapeutic if the food turns out ok :D

Anyway, after enjoying our first Singapore laksa using the Prima pre-mix last month, I made laksa again. This time with another brand (I shall not reveal the brand of pre-mix publicly). We had high hopes, but... ... the taste did not quite match our expectations. In the end, I added vegetables to the remaining laksa soup the next day and voila... it transformed into sayur lodeh. Thanks to mum who gave me this idea. I must say that it tasted much better this way :)

1 comment:

amelia thinks said...

It probably feels worse now that the sun sets earlier? Keeping the 3 of you in prayer. Zac was much tickled to "watch" Charis recite the verse...he kept smiling and waving his arms...so hilarious to watch!