Sunday, April 26, 2009

Chicago, here we come....

My 1st summer research paper (which I started working on in July last year) has been accepted for presentation at a conference in August 2009 in Chicago. An added bonus is that the paper has been judged "to be one of the best accepted papers" in the program. Not too bad for a 1st year summer paper, I think. And to think that there were lots of uncertainty about whether the project would take off in May and June last year, we feel pretty good about what has been achieved with this paper thus far.

Furthermore, July last year was when I was diagnosed with some genetic eye condition - muscular dystrophy. Possibly vitelliform dystrophy. Basically I lost much of the central vision in my right eye. I had lots of difficulties with reading and doing the programming for the research project. (Praise God that now the vision is much better!) Given all these challenges, there is no doubt that what we accomplished with this research are but by God's wonderful grace. We learnt what faith and trust in God really is, and how faithful and trustworthy our Almighty God was, is and will continue to be.

No comments: