Monday, February 8, 2010

so we had to shovel

We didn't manage to go to church, as the car was stuck in the parking lot. We didn't do anything about it the day before, as I thought "somebody" would clear the snow for us, and anyway we didn't have the equipment to get the car out. Apparently, I'm supposed to be that "somebody". Charis kindly offered me her cool-looking orange shovel from her personal tool box to get the job done. That shovel served her well when she was at the beach. After some serious consideration (like for 3 seconds), I decided that it's a better idea to borrow a more professional shovel from the maintenance guy.



So we shoveled. Charis had a fun time helping and playing. Picking up the shovel, memories of Exercise Nutcracker that I had gone thru during NS flashed in my mind. After shoveling for 1.5 hours, I called it a day... the car was still stuck, but less stuck than it was 2 hours ago. Anyway the evening service got canceled, and we decided not to bring Charis to her Sunday choir practice.

No comments: